Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Getting back to business - Tentative Schedule for 2010

What follows is my tentative schedule for next year. I know there will be a Stake Conference, probably in February and I don't have the date on that yet. Other than that what follows should get me through the program songs and Mothers and Fathers day. Please keep in mind that I have to teach all the songs by June, because of our year round school and extreme summer heat we lose about 1/3 to 1/2 of the primary during the summer months as they travel to cooler climes.
January
3 Begin I know that my savior loves me (Jr. Primary just the chorus) In Sign Language
10 2nd verse with Sr. Primary, 1st verse and chorus with Jr.
17 review with Sr., teach 2nd verse to jr.
24
31
February
7 He Sent His Son (First half with jr, whole song sr.)
14 2nd half jr, review sr.
21
28 Teach Latter Day Prophets (We know Follow the Prophet, so I'm adding this in)
March
7 Teach On A Golden Springtime (3 verses - optional song for August)
14
21
28
April
We know The Church of Jesus Christ in English and Spanish.
4 General Conference
11 Teach Come follow me (not sure how many verses yet)
18
25 Start Mother's Day Songs #202 and 203
May
2 Review Mothers Day songs
9 Sing in Sacrament meeting Teach Keep the Commandments (optional song)
16
23
30 Teach The Holy Ghost
June
6 Begin Father's Day Songs #209 and 210
13 Review Fathers day songs
20 Fathers Day Sing in Sacrament Meeting
27


On the days that I am not teaching a song we review the other songs. Each program song needs to be sung at least twice a month. Add them in as opening or closing songs, as long as you keep singing them. Also keep singing last years songs, add those in as often as you can because the kids love to sing them.

4 comments:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog looking for primary ideas. The pictures of the stained glass window, and kids on the stand practicing look just like the chapel I attended when I was growing up in SLC. Is that where you are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's a building in downtown Salt Lake. My brothers ward is in that building. It's the building where the ward rents kids for the primary program because they only have 3 kids of their own. I am in Sunny Las Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, just stumbled across your blog and have spent the last hour (at least!) looking at all of your great ideas. I'm so impressed with the variety you use in your singing times as well as the logic (your January 2009 post). Thank you for sharing your ideas. It makes my job a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am fairly new to my calling as Primary Chorister and haven't been in a Primary calling for 23 years. Needless to say, I am overwhelmed, but having fun. Thank you for your great ideas....believe me, I really need all the help I can get. By the way, I am also in "sunny" Las Vegas. Maybe I will get the opportunity to meet you some time. Marcyne Brown, Lone Mountain Stake

    ReplyDelete