Friday, February 5, 2010

More on the Janice Kapp Perry Singing Time

I was talking to my Mom on the phone last night and mentioned how in Sr. Primary we had sung only Janice Kapp Perry songs. She thought that was such a unique idea, and then she recommended that I let her know that I had done that and how much the children had enjoyed singing her songs. Well, that had never occurred to me. So, in an act of boldness, I sent her an email. She wrote me back! And she left some words for the children!

"give my love to the children and tell them to keep singing—that is the easiest way to learn gospel
principles and then later on in their lives the words of the songs can come to them when they are in
moments of temptation, decision or difficult times, and will comfort them. It’s wonderful when they have
a music leader like you who realizes the power of good music in their lives."

Okay, I was touched - and delighted. Now I have a few words for the children on Sunday from Sister Perry (although I won't read the bit about me) directly to them. How cool is that?

2 comments:

  1. That is definitely cool! I guess boldness pays off :) What a nice thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I just found your blog and it's great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete