Sunday, January 23, 2011

Books in the Book of Mormon

This week, I taught the Books in the Book of Mormon Song.  I made up cards, one for each book (except for Jarom and Omni - totally off the subject I knew a Jarom, if you know one it's probably the same one).  The big flaw about the cards was that the song moves too fast to be flipping cards after each "book".  The kids picked it up super fast and they really loved singing it, but by the time they really got the song I was tossing the cards on the floor just to keep up with the kids.  Whew.  My recommendation is, if you make up cards for the song, put more than one book on each page.









5 comments:

  1. I'm teaching this at a Primary activity this week, I love your idea of putting a picture representing each book! Did you use GAK pictures or photocopies of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were originals. I have several sets of the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of teaching those at a primary activity. Thanks for giving us this. I am using it for my singing time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a very clever idea with this song since it moves so fast through the words, she taped all her pages in one big long line so they could all be seen at once. She did need a helper to hold the other side, but you could then have a kid pointing to the correct picture as the song moves on to help with having to flip the pages so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm married to a Jarom. :) Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete