Sunday, August 21, 2011

Some extreme marshmallow action

I had an idea in the middle of the week to use marshmallows to motivate the kids (actually my idea was for jaw breakers, so thanks to Mary for talking sense into me).  The idea is that for every song the kids sing well I will put a marshmallow in a bowl.  At the end of singing time I would put them all in my mouth and try to sing to the kids.  There are 12 songs in the program, they got 11 marshmallows in the bowl.
Singing "Popcorn Popping" was kind of ridiculous.  I could barely breathe.  The kids though sang their hearts out to see me do this.  I probably won't ever do it again,  but I got great feedback from the kids - they loved it.  Figures.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks, I'm always looking for fun ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea! Thanks for the tip. I am going to do it today- with little bublegum balls instead (I have a tiny mouth) so we'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used this idea last week and my kids LOVED it! I had a hard time keeping the marshmallows in my mouth because the kids were trying to make me laugh! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this idea!! My kids absolutely loved it! I thought I was going to die trying to sing "Fun to Do" with 8 of those in my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an awesome idea! I might have to use this

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just couldn’t leave your website before telling you that we really enjoyed the quality information you offer to your visitors… Will be back often to check up on new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!
    Just found your blog. It's wonderful! You've got a new follower :0)

    ReplyDelete