Saturday, October 15, 2011

Halloween Songs

Many years ago the Children's Friend published some Halloween songs.  I took those to the Primary President for approval and she said okay so we sang some last week.  The children loved them.  They had such a great time singing them.  We do sing other seasonal songs, Christmas, Easter, patriotic songs, pioneer songs, but this was something I had always been afraid to try.  I think I always figured that if someone was going to complain it would be about this.  The surprise was, the kids loved it and the parents didn't mind! It was so fun!  I love this time after the program where we get to play and just enjoy singing.
We are also currently learning "Shine On" and we will be starting "The Spirit of God" soon.
If anyone is interested in the Halloween songs let me know, I'll scan them and email them to you.  Please keep in mind, this is a copy of my mother's copy from the early 1980's and that was copied from the Friend.  At least it's not a copy of a mimeo!

24 comments:

  1. I would love a copy! crystalcweber@gmail.com
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like a copy! annahanis@yahoo.com
    Thank you for such wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a copy also! katherinemans@yahoo.com

    Thanks for keeping such a wonderful blog! I depend on creative people like you to fulfill my calling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would absolutely love a copy! catpaskett at gmail dot com.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! We would LOVE a copy of these songs! We posted the only one we know of on our blog, iheartprimarymusic.blogspot.com from the Children's Friend also. Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our email is iheartprimarymusic@gmail.com :)Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to have them!

    belindacmadsen@gmail.com

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I would love a copy as well! I love Halloween and was hoping to find something we appropriate for primary! Thanks! lindsaytjarks@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to get a copy of the Halloween songs: emma61081@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love a copy. sbshreeve02@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please send me the songs! I'm excited. :) white_3rd@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I have a copy. nataliabyu@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like a copy apr1999@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI, Matilda! I'd love to have a copy.
    Hugs from Brazil.
    Dani
    dani-bv@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love a copy as well. Thanks so much! heidigosar@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Copy Please! miriampowell@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks I would love a copy., bret.kent@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love a copy thanks.
    cindy.l.blommer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love an appreciate a copy of the songs. Thank you so much!
    paulandjaci08@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would really appreciate a copy as well. Thanks a million!

    joslin_d@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love a copy, too! Thanks! llcarroll7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I too would love having a copy of these songs! sheri_johnson7@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd appreciate a copy of these songs. My email is tiffenywow@hotmail.com

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nevermind!! I see you posted them! : )

    Thanks! Tiffeny

    ReplyDelete