Saturday, October 22, 2011

Stake Conference this week

Stake Conference is one of my favorite Sundays!  I get to sit with my family and soak up the spirit and the talks.  I'm getting ready to teach "The Spirit of God" and the primary president's request, so another week is welcome.  I remember learning it for the program in the early 1980's, and the chorister had a visual of a garden hose and a picture of a girl which makes "hose" "Anna".  I can't decide if I am going to use that, and the only reason I would is because I have never forgotten that very memorable visual aid!  I can still see it in my head 30 years later!

1 comment:

  1. Hah, that makes me laugh! But just think about it, when you sing this sacred song as an adult, that image still comes into your head and I'll bet it is somewhat disconcerting, especially in a sacred setting like a temple dedication. If I were you, I wouldn't do it. Memorization is only one of the things we are trying to do. Just my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete