Sunday, January 15, 2012

Stump the Chorister

It's been a while since I thought of a new game.  I've been doing this a long time.  I had an idea that since I have been chorister multiple times and spent my childhood in primary I know a lot of songs.  I decided to make a game of it.
After choosing a child, they could come up to the front and look through the songbook.  They had 10 seconds to choose a song.  They read me the title.  If I could sing the song on the spot with just the title I got to pick the song (in this case we reviewed As a Child of God).  If I didn't know the song, they could pick what we sang. 
It turned out to be lots of fun.  The kids all wanted to see if they could stump me, and sometimes they did.  I couldn't sing "The World is so Lovely" or "We are Different", but I knew "Hum your favorite Hymn" and "Family History, I am doing it".  It was fun for me and for them.

1 comment: